In the last 50 years our environment has become increasingly more polluted. This has resulted in a greater human toxic burden than ever before. Unfortunately, tens of thousands of toxic chemicals have been introduced into our environment. So, no matter how careful we are or where we live, we all have some level of exposure. Add to this the use of alcohol, tobacco, and prescription, non-prescription, and illicit drugs, and you can see that this has created a challenging task for our bodies to get rid of these substances. The liver carries the greatest burden of detoxifying foreign substances, as well as substances our bodies create (like hormones). You can help your liver do its job by providing your body with enough protein and the nutrients and
botanicals involved in liver function.
The typical North American diet is high in fats and sugars. It relies heavily on nutrient-depleted vegetables, grains, fruits, and antibiotic- and hormone-laden meats. This type of unhealthy diet provides inadequate nutrients for many metabolic processes, including detoxification. These dietary habits, and the fact that many of us eat a limited variety of foods, can result in the development of allergies to some of the most commonly eaten foods such as corn, wheat, soy, dairy, and eggs. Food allergies do not necessarily result in a life-threatening immediate reaction, although this is possible. More commonly, they result in poor digestion, constipation, gas, bloating, heartburn, headaches, fatigue, chronic infections, and a multitude of other disagreeable health conditions.
To get you and your body back on the right track a Nutritional Detoxification Programme guided by our doctors provides you the best solution to safely and effectively improve your health. The programme consists of 3 parts:
1. Health Primer – the fundamentals of health.
2. Elimination – removing the foods and substances increasing toxin load – simply keeping the bad stuff out.
3. Nutrient Sufficiency – getting the good stuff into your body.
There is never a “one-size fits all” solution for health – each component is customized based on your individual health needs.
Take the first step to helping rid your body of toxin by following the guidelines below:
- All food should be organic as much as possible.
- Avoid junk food and processed food.
- Do not consume food with additives and preservatives.
- Completely eliminate sugar or caffeine.
- Drink large amounts of pure water. Filtered and free of chlorine and other contaminants.
- Avoid microwaves for heating foods.
- Do not consume genetically engineered food.
- Identify hidden food allergies and food sensitivities.
- Address nutritional deficiencies through food and supplements.
- Eat whole foods in their natural state as much as possible.
What conditions are treated with Holistic Nutrition?
If you feed your body good food with an excellent balance of nutrients, your immune and digestive system will work more efficiently and common symptoms and health conditions, like the ones listed below, can be eliminated:
- Hormonal Imbalances/Menstrual Abnormalities/Menopause
- Brittle Hair & Nails
- Muscle Aches, Pains & Joint Disorders (Fibromyalgia, Arthritis, Osteoporosis)
- Digestive Disorders
- Weight Concerns
- Behavioural Issues/Depression
- Fatigue/Decreased Energy
- High Blood Pressure/High Cholesterol
Instead of treating the symptoms with drugs and surgery, you will need to address the CAUSE of the symptoms with proper nutrition. Healing the body from the inside out is the only sure way to rid those symptoms once and for all and restore optimum health. To find out more about Nutritional Detoxification and some of the other services available to optimize your health, book a free 15 minute consultation with our Doctors, call 905-820-9990.
Popularity: 12% [?]